by Krystle Gabele
July 1, 2009
Here’s what we are reading today.
- “Abortions down slightly in Minnesota,” Bob Von Sternberg, The Star Tribune (July 1, 2009)
- “Report: Abortions drop for fifth straight year in Wisconsin,” Associated Press (June 30, 2009)
- “Liberty’s champion,” Marvin Olasky, WORLD Magazine (July 4, 2009)
- “Conservative Christian groups form new federation,” Jody Brown, OneNewsNow (July 1, 2009)
- “Ouch! Planned Parenthood stung again…,” Charlie Butts, OneNewsNow (July 1, 2009)
- “Fixing The Heart With Stem Cells,” Bill Whitaker, CBS News (June 29, 2009)
According to the annual report by the Minnesota Department of Health, 12,948 abortions were performed last year, 895 fewer than in 2007.
A state report released Tuesday found 8,229 abortions were performed in the state last year, down from 8,267 in 2007. The number of abortions in the state has fallen for five straight years now.
Calvin was a fallen sinner, as all of us are, but was he especially mean-spirited? He taught that God created the world out of love and loved the world so much that Christ came down from the glorious kingdom of heaven and plunged into this world’s muck.
“We want the attorney general of the state of Alabama to take this seriously and do his own investigation to find out what further is happening and convict Planned Parenthood where appropriate,” she says. “And we also hope the legislators pay attention so that if there is any state or local funding going to Planned Parenthood, that they can immediately cut the funding.”
This week doctors in Los Angeles have given a heart attack patient an infusion of stem cells grown from his own heart muscle.