by Krystle Gabele
August 14, 2009
Here’s some news articles of particular interest.
- According to the New York Times, former President Bill Clinton defends end-of-life counseling that is included in the health care reform plan.
- Steven Ertelt of LifeNews.com has a great article about a CDC study that shows teen abortion rates are lower in states that accept abstinence funding.
- Cleveland is becoming a leader in adult stem cell research. Continue reading the article from The Plain Dealer.
- David French of Phi Beta Cons reported Tuesday that the EEOC went after Belmont Abbey College in North Carolina for refusing to cover oral contraceptives in its employer provided health insurance.
- Prisoners in the Rappahannock Regional Jail in Virginia will now be allowed to receive religious mail, after the ACLU sent a letter to officials demanding that these letters containing biblical passages be distributed, as The Christian Post reports.